Saturday, September 15, 2012

The 100 day princessing challenge!

Hello and welcome to Beautybellabellezza,

This page is inspired by the concept of "Princessing" which was coined in the run up to the 2011 wedding of Kate Middleton to Prince William. The process of princessing involves following a list of goals (which can be defined by the individual) in the run up to an event to make sure that you look and feel your best.

So many women feel under pressure to look perfect all the time, maybe you're a busy working mum, a single woman with her own business, someone with grown-up children and elderly relatives to look after or a stay at home mum with a huge list of chores! Whatever your circumstances, hopefully we can all relate to the feeling that when we look good, we feel good. 

Quite simply very few of us have the time (money or inclination!!) to spend focussing entirely on our appearance. This is why the concept of princessing works. Small changes in the run-up to an event add up to one big (and lovely) picture. These changes can be as small as plucking your eyebrows or as big as running 5 miles a day- the aim is that they all add up!

My personal princessing challenge is taking place over a 100 day period from September 15th until Christmas Day! It's been a big year for me as I had my first baby in June so I've let myself go a bit and I feel a little glum. Now my baby is 12 weeks old I feel like it's time I have myself a lift and started taking care of myself.

The challenge was set by a group of women on the website mumsnet, I have joined the challenge and look forward to hearing about everyone's progress. Later today I will post my list so that you can see the little steps I am undertaking to feel fabulous for christmas!

Please feel free to add your comments, queries or suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment