Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Poo, floods, nails and Christmas!

After another night of being up every 2 hours, it was pretty hard to drag myself out of bed today. But my little girl was due her vaccinations so I had to be ready to go.

So I managed to get her and I ready and then the phone rang at 8.30am- the GP cancelled the appointment as the nurse had phoned in sick. This put me in a rather bad mood!

Things didn't improve as baby is teething and spent the morning screaming like crazy and chewing everything that went her way.

Luckily I felt a bit better when I met my lovely friend who is going through exactly the same thing- shared experience really does help give you perspective on things.

I set off home with a new, positive outlook and looked forward to an afternoon of reading a book about baby led weaning and having a herbal tea. About half way home my little one started screaming, thinking it was teeth again I picked her up to give her a cuddle. Strange...the car seat is wet...my hand is wet!

Yes, it was an epic nappy. All the while she was still screaming and I was trying to figure out how to get the baby gro and tights off without covering the poor child who was already wearing poo from knee to ankle!

I caved and am not afraid to admit that I started crying! The combination of being unable to settle her, feeling knackered and having a child covers in poo was rather overwhelming.

I took a very deep breath and ran a bath (she loves the bath!), grabbed a pair of disposable gloves and managed to extract her from the tights and baby gro without too many problems.

As soon as I put her in the bath she was splashing and cooing away like nothing had happened!

Feeling a little better, after I got her dressed and settled in her baby chair I tackled the clothes. I decided to pop them on a rinse cycle in the wash first. And then the kitchen flooded...

Oh dear. It took so long to mop it all up and I felt more sorry for myself then ever. My lovely other half came home from work early and made me a cup of tea and a fish finger butty. Order was restored.

Thankfully I managed to get her down to bed around 8pm so I have done my nails, had a cider and am having a little chill out time before sleeps.

On the plus side I bought my first Christmas present today! I won't say what it is but it's lovely and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Here is the day in pictures.

I ate homemade apple and raisin pie.

I applied Leighton Denny polish in Starlet.

I admired my new Baby-led weaning cookbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment