Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fabulous Thursday

I am still very excited after landing my dream job! It doesn't feel real that when I return from maternity leave I will have to start studying again but it's all for a great cause!

This week my mum has been down visiting and we have achieved so many things- on Sunday we did the car boot sale I had planned following the giant de-clutter. It was hard work getting out of bed at 6am on Sunday in the very cold weather but well worth it as we raised nearly £300 selling books, DVDs and costume jewellery. The house is a lot less cluttered (though there is some stuff to go to the charity shop!)

Right now I am loving the good people at Bobbi Brown in York who gave my mum a really great makeover, she looked gorgeous and now has some lovely new make-up to show off! We also snapped up a boxed set of 5 Clinique Chubby Sticks for part of her Xmas present!

Today I managed to make a chocolate fudge cake and my lovely partner made some great minestrone soup. We did have a lot of things planned today but ended up napping in the after ion instead!

I can't believe my little girl is 20 weeks old today. It's been really tough for us lately as she's been teething for ages and waking every 2 hours at nights I have also been diagnosed with post-natal depression so I don't feel like my usual positive self, it's such a challenge just dragging myself out of bed some days.

One thing I will say is that the Princessing Challenge has really helped me feel a bit better. Although it feels like a huge effort, doing little things like painting my nails or slapping on some nice moisturiser really does pick me up on the bad days.

Busy day planned for tomorrow as you will see from the To Do list:

No comments:

Post a Comment