Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My tree is bent (and other Christmas Dilemmas!)

Despite (several) adjustments to keep it in the metal holder purchased specifically for christmas trees, our tree is, once again, tilting like the leaning tower of Pisa. As my neighbour pointed out: "It doesn't really matter, no-one is walking past to see it."

Well yes, quite. But it's still irritating the hell out of me!

Today was our first "settling in" day at nursery where I actually left my daughter alone. I probably looked like a bad mum but after a night of her teething and grumping I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I spent the 2 hour break doing two loads of washing and tidying up in the house (I really wanted to do my nails but thought that might look a bit bad!)

Our Christmas preparations are well underway but I have run out of Christmas cards (oops!) and remembered a couple of people who I haven't yet bought gifts for (doh!).

I should be addressing these issues but instead I have found myself some new day-time trash to watch on tv. It's called Storage Hoarders and you will find it on ITV at 2pm. I'll outline the "plot"- that woman from Kim and Aggie (Aggie I think) helps hoarders clear out their storage units into piles: keep, sell, skip and charity. They then flog said "treasures" and at the end of the programme we are told how much of the storage costs have been re-couped by the selling process. Pure and utter junk but perfect for those of us who are a) Nosy about other peoples things. b) Procrastinating about their own clutter.

Tonight we are having some friends over for a catch up but I am refusing to cook- it's Chinese food or nothing! 


Today's pictures are the tilting tree (with "spaceship effect lights" thanks Julie!) and two glass ornaments that I bought for "Baby's first Christmas!"





No comments:

Post a Comment