Monday, April 21, 2014

Post bank holiday pampering!

Hi everyone!

Are there any Easter eggs left at your house?! There are a couple on the top shelf in the kitchen and they seem to keep catching my eye...must resist!

So I promised a mammoth bank holiday beauty blitz post and I hope not to disappoint you. As I had the house to myself it seemed like Saturday evening was the perfect time for the blitz (I had also worked all day so felt a little tired and in need of relaxation!)

 
Firstly I applied Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment and tied my hair back whilst having a bath. This hair treaty regenerates and restores hair making it smooth, silky and shiny. As someone whose hair is on the oily side, I find I can get away without conditioner for several days after this treatment. The nutty smell isn't my favourite fragrance but it does grow on you!

Following the bath, it was pedicure time. I'd exfoliated my feet with Body Shop Peppermint Smoothing Pumice Foot Scrub (the only foot scrub I will ever use!) and the applied cuticle remover round my nails. I rubbed on a little olive oil to moisturise then painted with Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Polish in Purple Addict. The long lasting nature of this Polish is great if you exercise regularly as it stays put for a good week without chipping.

Facial wise, I slathered on a thick layer of Decleor Prolagene Gel. This is probably the most expensive thing I own! But you can use it for pretty much everything. Blemishes, sunburn, stretch marks, acne scars, dry skin and even under the eyes. I let it sink in before applying a few drops of A'Kin Pure Radiance Rose Hip Oil.

Incase you hadn't heard, Rose Hip Oil is incredibly  gentle and popular with those who have dry/sensitive skin. The bottle lasts a very long time and you can use it alone or under moisturiser.

Next up was a recommendation from my lovely friend Helen. She's very pale like me but has a gorgeous natural glow thanks to Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Body Lotion which builds a gradual tan. I applied to my arms and legs and they are now brown though my legs are slightly streaky so I am going to give it a few more applications then let you know what I really think!

Last but not least....hands! Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover was applied then I used a 4-sided buffer to file, remove ridges and smooth. The purple theme continued with Essie Nail Lacquer in Bond With Whomever and then Leighton Denny Miracle Drops were applied to speed up drying. I then finished with Leighton Denny Cuticle Oil and Crystal Tips Top Coat.

My final bank holiday pampering will be an early night, I don't care that I haven't filled the dishwasher, there is a pile of ironing to do and toys all over the place! Lights out everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment