Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sew near yet sew far...

I took my first trip to Hobbycraft in York today. My friend Mary has very kindly lent me her sewing machine and I am going to make some drawstring bags for shoe storage.

If you have used a sewing machine before, please come over here and tell me how to sew in a straight line as I don't seem to be very good at it! Going to practice tomorrow with some old clothes and hopefully I will be running up lovely things before long!

I also got carried away buying Christmas craft stuff- look out, you will be receiving the obligatory photo card for baby's first Christmas!

It was lovely and mild in York today so my friend Alex and I took our babies for a lovely long walk along the river and through Museum Gardens. My little girl was mesmerised by all of the gorgeous autumn colours and then fell asleep for most of the way home!

I have been asked to make a Christmas list for my family as they keep asking me what I would like and I keep telling them I don't know! On my list at the moment are some Elemis goodies and a Lola Rose scarf.

My feet aren't looking too princess like after the long walk which I undertook in my new ballet pumps. Ouch- serious blister issues and I even manage to draw blood!

Here is a pic of the gorgeous fabric I chose for the bags...

No comments:

Post a Comment