Sunday, February 24, 2013

Someone on this train smells of booze...

...I hope it's not me!

I sent the above text to my lovely friend Heather whilst nursing a rather sore head on the train journey home.

This weekend was the first time EVER that I have been away from my baby overnight. Getting on the train to Edinburgh, I was very very nervous- they change so much at the 8 month stage and I was worried I would miss something new and exciting.

We had travelled to Edinburgh for the Hen Weekend of the rather fabulous Julie (a University friend). Like many girlie gatherings, the weekend featured cocktails and carbs with a generous smattering of dancing to boot,

It was great to come home to cuddles from my daughter and a family Sunday night dinner.

Like they say, a picture is 1000 words so here we have the weekend in pictures.

I ate: Well, drank, many cocktails during our 3 hour cocktail masterclass at The Living Room. There was free pouring of a (great many) spirits, a toast with bubbly and we each made our very own personalised cocktail.

I applied: Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Black Liquid Eyeliner. This liner has added glitter making it ideal for a night out.

I wore: Lulu Guinness Lips Clutch Bag. Big enough for all of my essentials (and then some).

I admired: The lovely bride-to-be Julie who was a great sport when faced with a game of Mr and Mrs (thanks to the groom Duncan for answering my list of questions!) Can't wait for your big day.

And finally I must say, well done to our boys on their victory against Ireland today!



No comments:

Post a Comment