Sunday, March 24, 2013

Return of the Princess...

When I started blogging, I wanted to tell women everywhere that we all deserve a little time for ourselves and that when we look our best, we feel our best.

I am ashamed to say that I haven't been living up to this ideal and as I survey my dodgy hair (that should have been cut weeks ago!) and my chipped nail polish I have decided that urgent action is required.

Luckily I am not alone in this feeling and so a group of princesses has been convened.

My mission is to get myself ready for summer! I've lost all of my baby weight but my stomach needs some toning work. I am really tired at the moment (just found out I am anaemic) so I need to boost my diet with lots of good food to improve my skin, hair and nails.

Due to time constraints (a.k.a the realities of work, family and home) I am going to undertake a slightly smaller challenge this time, 6 steps in total.

1. Improve the amount of fruit/veg in my diet.

2. Start taking my vitamins again to ward off anaemia. Also resume taking cod liver oil for my dehydrated skin.

3. Body moisturiser- every day!

4. Do 30 mins of exercise three times a week (I know this falls short of the recommended targets but I need a goal that's achievable)

5. Ensure my feet are flip flop ready by exfoliating, moisturising and polishing my nails!

6. Increase my water intake to 8 glasses per day.

In preparation for the challenge, I decided to have a final blow out, see the (shameful) pictures below...

I ate...an entire box of biscuits (oops!)

I drank...gin and tonic

I shamefully gazed at...my chipped nails






No comments:

Post a Comment